EB-5 Visa allows for you and your immediate family to obtain green cards and permanent US residency by investing $500,000 with a US Government designated Regional Centers or in US businesses with certain conditions related to employment. The EB5 visa category will provide you and the family the security of permanent US residence. Citizenship may be obtained after five years.
The green card via an EB-5 investment is secured before you commit to emigrating. You will also have the flexibility to take any job, run any business, retire and live anywhere in the USA. As resident you will have access to many of the benefits enjoyed by US citizens such as education ,health care etc. except for the right to vote which can be obtained through a path to citizenship after five years of being a US permanent resident of a green card holder.
Advantages of the EB-5 visa
- Permanent Residence for the whole family with one investment. Husband, wife and all unmarried children under 21 receive Green Cards.
- Live anywhere in USA
- Take any job, run or start any business, even retire
- Any nationality may apply
- No language requirement
- Public school education is free to all in the United States
- Public University fees are substantially less for United States legal residents
- Access to Medicare after 5 years
- Better employment opportunities for the entire family
- Property tax savings in some states like Florida.
- Citizenship after five years
A Brief Summary of Requirements of the EB-5 visa
Individuals must have a Net worth of $1 million, or high annual income and must make a minimum investment of $500,000 at the minimum.
EB-5 Regional Centers
EB-5 visa applicants have two main investment options. They can either invest as an individual or through an EB-5 Regional Center. Individual investors must find their own investment project and must take a direct managerial role in overseeing that project. Individual investment is best for those who want more hands on control of their investment and the project that received their investment.
EB-5 visa applicants can also make their investment to an EB-5 Regional Center. This option is best for those who are more interested in immigration rather than obtaining a maximum return on their investment. Regional Centers receive designation from the USCIS to administer EB-5 investment projects. Regional Centers are responsible for adhering to USCIS EB-5 program regulations. This takes strain off of the investors so that they are not
solely responsible for meeting program requirements. As a result, investment through Regional Centers suits those who want a more hands off approach where they are not responsible for the direct management of their investment. Roughly 90 percent of all EB-5 applicants invest through a Regional Center.
EB-5 Visa Count
The United States Immigration and Citizenship Services reserves 10,000 visas for EB-5 investors each fiscal year. This 10,000 visa quota has never been met. There was a drastic increase in the number of EB-5 program participants in 2011 with more than 3,000 investors applying through the program. Roughly 3,500 EB-5 visas were issued in the 2011 fiscal year which marked an 80% increase from 2010. This growth can be attributed to increased confidence in the program due to USCIS transparency within the program, efficiencies in the application process, and growth in the number of Regional Centers established across the United States.
Our Methodology for performing due diligence on Regional Centers for financial transparency focuses on those Regional Centers that provide a viable return on investors capital and most importantly risks associated with the return of investors capital. We look at Regional Center financials, past performance and role and reputation of principals sponsoring the Regional Centers.
Some Critical Parameters to Consider while Looking at Regional Centers:
- Identification of business models with with the least risks for our investors with regards to leverage / debt and equity rations on projects
- EB-5 project’s job creation methodology risks associated with USCIS requirements
- For Regional Centers with historical record we measure past performance for investors with the approval rates for unconditional permanent residence
- Interest of the Non Immigrant community at large in current Regional Center projects (Investors such as Mutual Funds, Private Equity etc.)
We have an evaluation methodology that consists of approximately 100 parameters that we have developed and successfully used to vet investment options from multiple Regional Centers.
Investment At Risk
The current EB-5 law states that a Regional Center investment must be ‘at risk’. That means it cannot be guaranteed, however the risk profiles of each investment is different and our experienced staff will help find the low risk optimum reward options for your Immigration needs.